The Bialetti maker
Why we like it
Is full of history and produces a very good coffee in a very simple way. It also spreads a terrific coffee aroma in your kitchen.
How to make your coffee
Grind 6/7 grams of your Ernani coffee per person.
Fill the base pot with cold water.
Insert the funnel.
Loosely fill the funnel with espresso ground coffee, distribute it gently with a spoon but do not press coffee down.
Screw the top section firmly to the base.
Place the coffeemaker on a low to medium fire and make sure that the flame do not extend up the side of the pot.
In three to six minutes, the water is heated to boiling.
In the base pot, pressure increases.
Vapour expands and forces the hot water to pass through the funnel that leads to the filter.
Hot water passes through the ground coffee triggering the percolation.
Coffee goes up the so called “chimney” and reaches the top section tank.
Tips and tricks
- The coffe grind must not be too thin.
- Be careful not to overfill the water tank. Fill it to just below the level of the safety valve. If the water tank is overfilled the result is boiled coffee, with a bitter or burnt taste.
- No not leave the pot to much on the stove.
- Never use a detergent to clean the pot, water will do it.
Want to know something more?
- This extraction process allows a pressure higher than the atmospheric pressure and reaches temperatures higher than other pots, as by way of example the so called “napoletana”. You will have more aromas in your cup.