The perfect moka coffee
There are many tricks to make the perfect moka ... the first one is always to choose the right coffee for us!
We are all at home and we feel a little lack of certain habits that are sacred to us, like coffee at the bar before starting the day ... in short, we miss our beloved espresso!
However, we are rediscovering an object present in all Italian homes, but perhaps a little neglected in recent times: Mrs. Moka.
How wonderful the scent that leaves throughout the house in the morning. And how wonderful to carry on an all-Italian tradition, which began way back in 1933, thanks to Alfonso Bialetti.
How coffee is extracted
The moka pot uses the pressure of the steam, caused by the boiling of the water, to push the liquid upwards, passing through the coffee powder. In this way it extracts, by percolation, all the colors and aromas of the ground coffee.
This process results in an intense and aromatic coffee, less strong and with a lighter toasted flavor than espresso.
- Pour fresh water into the boiler up to the lower level of the valve. Better to use bottle water, or in any case low in limestone.
- Fill the filter with 7/8 grams of ground coffee per portions It must not be too fine-grained.
- The ground must not be pressed, but leveled. If pressed, the water will encounter more resistance to the passage and, given the high temperatures, would risk burning the coffee.
- Put the moka pot on the fire, at moderate intensity. It is good that the flames are within the perimeter of the bottom of the moka pot.
- Wait a few minutes for the spontaneous release of the drink.
- As soon as the brewing ends, immediately remove the mod port from the heat. Insisting too much on the fire could burn the drink.
- Stir the coffee with a teaspoon before serving.
- If you prefer a less bitter and more aromatic coffee, remove the moka pot from the heat as soon as it starts to pop up to the surface. In this way only the aromatic substances of the ground coffee will be extracted.
- Never wash the mop pot with soap; hot water is sufficient.
- Periodically change the gasket.
But the most important thing is always coffee. Try different coffees and select the one that best suits your tastes.
For this reason we at Ernani offer you 6 different blends and 4 single-origins, because it is essential for each of us to find the coffee that best matches our palate, to make each cup an indispensable pleasure.
The best coffees, roasted to perfection and delivered where you wantRead more