Coffee and lemon risotto recipe
Coffee is our number one ally, we know by now.
The only friend of our alarm clocks, the only one able to cheer us up at any time; in short, an indispensable pleasure.
It is also surprising to discover its versatility!
Coffee grounds can be used to clean different parts of the house or to fertilize, but also to build pellets and so on.
Coffee beans or ground coffee can be combined in many recipes, both sweet and savory.
And today I wanted to offer you one of these unusual combinations: risotto with coffee and lemon, with hazelnut topping.
A risotto that will be truly particular in its simplicity.
The coffee scent will be intense, but delicate in taste, softened by the citrus aroma, together with the sweetness of hazelnuts.
The ingredients for 4 people are:
- 320 gr of carnaroli rice
- 5 tablespoons of ground coffee
- 2 lemons
- 1 red onion
- 20 gr of butter
- 1 glass of white wine
- 2 tablespoons of chopped and toasted hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- salt as necessary
- Let's start by creating our very special broth: in a pot with 1 liter of water, boil 3 tablespoons full of ground coffee and the zest of the 2 lemons, only the yellow part, together with half a lemon;
- In another large pot, cover the bottom with oil and let our finely chopped onion sauté;
- Once the onion has become transparent, pour the rice and let it toast for a few minutes;
- At this point we blend with the white wine on a high flame;
- Once evaporated, all that remains is to bring the stove back to medium heat and gradually stretch the rice with the previously prepared and filtered broth, until the risotto is ready;
- Remember to taste from time to time and adjust with salt;
- Once the risotto is ready, remove the pan from the heat and stir in the butter, and let it rest for a minute;
- All you have to do is serve and garnish as you like with ground coffee and chopped hazelnuts;
- Serve your guests!
To be completely honest, I was not very convinced of this recipe, but once I finished and tasted the result I was incredulous. The risotto is really good!
The coffee taste is very delicate, as it was used only in the creation of the broth, and the lemon aftertaste makes it fresh!
I hope you will try to replicate it at home and give me your opinion!
Write to email@example.com !
I wait for you,
The best coffees, roasted to perfection and delivered where you wantRead more