The Ernani Christmas Blend has arrived!
Like every year during the winter holidays we always create new products designed to celebrate with friends and relatives, which can bring together and surprise everyone!
Today I introduce you to the Christmas Blend!
A coffee with an unmistakable taste, capable of leaving an indelible mark in your memory!
- It’s a coffee designed to conclude a lavish lunch, which reactivates and helps digestion, thanks to the caffeine content coming from the robusta part of the blend;
- It’s also a coffee to be sipped calmly, as it almost resembles a nice cup of steaming, sweet and delicate tea, with fruity aromas if extracted in a filter; or a delicious hot chocolate flavored with cinnamon, creamy and enveloping, if prepared in mocha or espresso.
Special thanks to Paolo and Andrea, our roasters, for having succeeded in obtaining such a balanced and intensely aromatic coffee, the result of a skilful marriage between the Arabica coffees of Central America and the African varieties of Robusta.
After researching raw coffees and following various researches, tests and tastings, they achieved their goal: a sweet, creamy and intense coffee!
Tap below to buy it!
Composition of the Blend
The blend is composed by a higher percentage of Arabica coffee:
- A single-origin Guatemalan Arabica from the Huehuetenango region, grown at about 1450 m above sea level, harvested with the picking method, then manually and then washed;
- A single-origin Brazilian Arabica, from the Cerrado region, Bom Chocolate plantation, grown at about 1000 m above sea level, always harvested with the picking method and then processed with the natural method;
- A single-origin Robusta Superior from Tanzania, grown at 900m above sea level, natural;
- A single origin Robusta from Congo, Mombasa region, cultivated at 900m above sea level, natural;
- A single origin robusta from Uganda, grown at 900m above sea level, natural.
The arabica part, which makes up 70% of the beans in the package, offers the coffee a broad and pleasant aromatic spectrum, with sweet notes of chocolate, caramel, nuts, fresh fruit and a light freshness given by citrus fruits.
Everything is balanced by a delicate bitterness given by the Robusta coffees, with more intense notes of dark chocolate.
Finally, if extracted in espresso, the cream is compact and persistent, with an intense hazelnut color, while the body is round and enveloping.
It is a coffee suitable for those looking for a balanced blend of sweetness and bitterness, with enveloping notes of ripe fruit and chocolate.
So perfect to share… who doesn’t like fruit and chocolate, mixed in an intense and creamy coffee?
Buy it now!
Everything is then enhanced by the Medium Roasting, Ernani’s distinctive signature on all its products, carried out separately for each single origin.
The Medium Roasting enhances all the natural aromas and qualities of carefully selected raw coffee to the max, bringing the best of each bean into the cup.
Finally, it never makes the coffee excessively bitter, therefore perfect to be enjoyed without sugar.
But be careful that just as it enhances all the merits it also enhances all the defects, so you need to start from a high quality raw material!
Find out more, watch the video below!
Methods of extraction
Some advice on three methods of preparation:
- Mocha pot
- Paper filter
We recommend extracting a dose of 7.8-8.2 g per person to obtain an intense, creamy and especially fragrant.
Already on the nose you can perceive a marked aroma of cocoa which is then also found on the palate. The acidity in this case is soft and recalls that of red fruits.
Overall it is a good coffee balanced between acidity, sweetness and bitterness.
The nose smells of nuts and chocolate.
Also in this case the result is a balanced, enveloping coffee with a pleasant acidity and good bitterness, accompanied by the sweetness of ripe fruit.
Chocolate is the predominant taste and is very persistent over time, leaving an excellent aftertaste in the mouth.
If extracted in a filter, on the other hand, the nose perceives an intense aroma of cinnamon and red fruits, which can recall a tea.
Notwithstanding it is a blend and not a single origin, it is a good filter coffee: balanced, round and above all without defects. I recommend a water temperature of 92°C.
To find out how to best use these tools, watch our videos on the various social channels:
Where can I buy the blend?
The Christmas coffee is available in Torrefazione Ernani in Milan, Corso Buenos Aires, 20 starting from Saturday 3 December.
Or starting today on our online Store!
Click below to open the product page: