Caffè Ernani was born from the desire of Luca and Claudia, the two founding partners, to offer a product that is truly of quality, in a market in which most roasters produce burnt coffees full of defects, passing them off as premium coffee.
Following studies and insights into the world of coffee and raw materials, they wanted to change things and transfer all this to their customers, both baristas and private individuals, to show them what quality really means and how to recognize it independently.
The goal is ambitious: allow anyone to enjoy a truly good coffee, based on traceability, transparency and awareness.
All this without giving up the personal taste of each of us …
There is not the one and only coffee, considered “the best” that everyone is obliged to appreciate as it is.
There are hundreds of different origins, processed, toasted and extracted in as many different ways, which in turn produce a unique drink!
Always remaining within quality coffee, it is therefore possible to choose more delicate, acidic and floral coffees, or sweeter coffees, or even more intense and creamy coffees, or why not, even with a good bitterness.
In short, everyone can choose the coffee they like best!
That’s why in the Torrefazione Ernani in Milan as in the online shop we offer a wide selection of coffees. In this way everyone can experiment, discover the different flavors that a coffee can have and find the most suitable!
We are very happy when we receive orders with five or six packs of different types, it means that we are absolutely in line with the desire to discover this incredible and huge world of the roasted bean.
Having so many coffees, however, also makes it more difficult for you to choose what to buy.
So here is the list of all our coffees, with little tips to understand which one you might like best!
We can divide them into:
- Single Origin
Let’s start with BLENDS
Gold Medal at the International Coffee Tasting 2022
A fine blend of Arabica only, with hints of fresh fruit and nuts, pink grapefruit, honey and white chocolate.
- It is perfect for you if you are looking for a coffee with a very wide aromatic range, with delicate, fruity and floral notes, as well as an intense and pleasant acidity.
- It is not suitable for you if you want a bitter coffee with a lot of body.
Best blend always served at Ernani Roastery in Milan
A blend with more Arabica, with sweet notes of cocoa and hazelnuts, with a round and enveloping body.
- It is perfect for you if you are looking for a fragrant and aromatic coffee, with a slight acidity balanced by a very slight bitterness.
- It is not suitable for you if you want a very bitter and very full-bodied coffee or if you are looking for a coffee with zero bitterness and delicate aromas.
A blend with more Arabica, balanced, full-bodied and with notes of cocoa and caramel.
- It is perfect for you if you are looking for a balanced coffee: not too bitter, not too acidic, with a good sweetness
- It is not suitable for you if you want a very fragrant and acid coffee or on the contrary a very bitter coffee.
A blend with more robust, creamy, intense and full-bodied, dominated by a pleasant bitterness.
- It is perfect for you if you are looking for a bitter and creamy coffee, but still with light delicate hints of fruit.
- It is not suitable for you if you want a very fragrant, acidic and / or less bitter.
Robust blend, full-bodied and creamy blend, with a persistent bitterness and rich in caffeine.
- It is perfect for you if you are looking for a very bitter and very full-bodied coffee, with a higher caffeine content.
- It is not suitable for you if you want a fragrant, delicate, acidic, sweet and / or less bitter coffee.
An aromatic single origin and full-bodied decaf coffee. Because giving up caffeine doesn’t mean giving up taste!
- It is perfect for you if you are looking for a decaffeinated coffee, but still aromatic, or even if you have digestive difficulties, as it is dewaxed.
- Not for you if you crave caffeine.
Take a look at the blended coffees comparative table below!
FOR THE PALNET
By Gone West
An enveloping blend, with a round body, balanced between the sweet notes of ripe fruit and the bitterness of cocoa.
For each package sold, in collaboration with Gone West, a truly and concretely green company, we plant trees in the most needy areas of the planet.
- It is perfect for you if you are looking for a coffee with a green and sustainable philosophy, balanced between sweetness and bitterness, with a good body.
- It is not suitable for you if you want a more delicate and acidic coffee, or on the contrary very bitter.
Now let’s move on to the SINGLE ORIGIN
A fresh, fruity and floral single-origin, pushed towards a pleasant and intense acidity.
- It is perfect for you if you are looking for a very acidic, fresh and delicate coffee, as well as an almost total absence of bitterness.
- It is not suitable for you if you want a softer and more balanced coffee.
An intensely aromatic, sweet and fruity single origin, with a round acidity.
- It is perfect for you if you are looking for an intense and aromatic coffee, with a good acidity, balanced by a good sweetness, with a low bitterness.
- It is not suitable for you if you want a bitter, creamy, full-bodied and acid-free.
COLOMBIAN FINCA LA MESETA
A single origin balanced between the acidity of citrus fruits and the sweetness of ripe fruit and nuts.
- It is perfect for you if you are looking for a delicate coffee, with good acidity and good sweetness, with low bitterness.
- It is not suitable for you if you want a bitter, creamy, full-bodied and acid.
An elegant single origin, with a wide range of aromas: from vanilla, to tobacco, to fruit and chocolate.
- It is perfect for you if you are looking for a coffee with a very wide and intense aromatic range, highlighting different tastes from sip to sip: a little sweetness, a slight acidity and a soft bitterness.
- It is not suitable for you if you want a bitter, creamy coffee, full-bodied or on the contrary with more delicate and fresh aromas.
BRAZIL BOM CHOCOLATE
An intense and chocolaty single origin, balanced and with a round body.
- It is perfect for you if you are looking for a single origin coffee with a low acidity and pushed towards sweetness, given by the notes of chocolate.
- It is not suitable for you if you want a bitter, creamy, full-bodied coffee or on the contrary with more delicate, fresh and acid.
BRAZIL WOMEN COFFEE
IWCA – Specialty Coffee
A socio-sustainable single origin, with a fresh and sensual aromatic profile with notes of red fruits, grown and processed by women.
- It is perfect for you if you are looking for an ethical and sustainable coffee, with good acidity, dominated by delicate and fruity notes.
- It is not suitable for you if you want a bitter, creamy, full-bodied coffee or pushed towards sweetness, rather than towards acidity.
Again some doubts?
Take a look at the single origin coffees comparative table below!
COSTA RICA TOURNON
An intense and creamy single origin, with savory aromatic notes.
- It is perfect for you if you are looking for a particular and unique coffee of its kind, with an extravagant aromatic note: cocoa enhanced by flavor
- It is not suitable for you if you want a fresher, more delicate and acidic coffee, or sweet and soft
With our coffees we have therefore covered the entire range of flavors:
- From the most delicate and fragrant single origin, with good acidity: Ethiopian Sidamo, Guatemala Huehuetenango, Colombia Finca la Meseta and Brazil Women Coffee;
- To the more balanced single origin and with a lower acidity: India Kalledevarapura, Brazil Bom Chocolate and Costa Rica Tournon;
- To get to the most fragrant and least bitter blends: Blue Diamond and Allegro;
- Moving on from the more balanced blends: Armonia and For the Planet;
- Including even more bitter, full-bodied and intense coffees: Vivace and Stretto;
- Without excluding decaffeinated: Adagio;
- There are also Specialty Coffees: Guatemala Huehuetenango, Costa Rica Tournon and Brazil Women Cofee;
- And the eco-solidarity projects: Indian Kalledevarapura Fairtrade, Brazil Women Coffee and For the Planet.
Finally I leave you a video to give you some more ideas to choose the perfect coffee for you!