There are always so many coffees in the Ernani shop that it can sometimes be difficult to choose the right coffee for us…
Therefore, with this article I want to help you orient yourself to our online site.
But not only that.
I’m also here to recommend the perfect coffees for you and help you spot them with ease!
The first tip
Before we begin with data, information, options, and more there is one piece of advice that is always helpful to anyone reading:
Download Ernani’s Guide to recognizing quality coffee: before, during and after tasting!
In fact, in the Guide you will find the most useful information to start approaching the world of coffee and understanding its highlights, such as:
- Where it grows and especially what coffee is;
- The different flavors you can find in the cup depending on the processing done to the beans;
- Explanation on Toasting and the different results whether light, medium or dark;
- How to recognize quality coffee in complete autonomy, at home as well as at the coffee shop.
The Guide is quick and easy, totaling 14 pages, in which you can find all the information listed above, along with lots of photos and tips!
It is free, so why not download it?
N.B. On your first coffee purchase, the Guide will come to you in hard copy for free!
Now let’s talk about the Toasting
We at Ernani Coffee are Roasters, so talking about this topic is essential!
Coffee quality, as you will discover from the Guide, depends on so many variables. One of these is precisely the roasting process, an essential step in order to be able to prepare coffee and, above all, to bring out all the qualities and incredible aromas contained within the beans while still raw.
We at Ernani Coffee have chosen the Medium Roast.
Dark roasting is too often used to hide the flaws that low-quality raw coffee can have.
Defects may be, for example, spoiled or moldy coffee beans with negative odors of jute, standing water, and mold, or even taste of rubber, wood, tar, or ash, not to mention rotten or unripe beans.
Roasting the coffees so much hides the defects with the strong bitterness. For this reason then the client is forced to resort to sugar….
Doing so, however, also eliminates any possible merits, that is, all the possible positive and natural scents or aromas of coffee.
At Ernani Coffee, on the contrary, we make a careful selection of raw beans and choose only those of high quality and without defects.
In this way we can afford to roast our coffees at a Medium level, bringing out all the natural aromas and flavors.
With Medium Roast, each blend and single-origin will have well-defined and maximally enhanced aromas, perfectly differentiating one from the other!
If you want to learn more about Toasting I recommend:
Instead, these are reviews from customers who have already tried the Medium Roast coffee:
Now we come to the salient moment….
How do I choose the right coffee?
I know, it’s hard-you have to choose from as many as 13 different coffees.
So if you don’t want to buy them all and find out one by one, which I always recommend, here are some tools to help you!
The first is a very easy quiz to take on our website:
just answer just 3 simple questions and we will give you the result right away with the coffee best suited to your personal taste!
If the quiz is not enough and you would like to have a way to compare all the coffees side by side, you can use our comparisons of blends and single-origins.
While the available formats are:
- For blends: 1kg packages in beans, 250g packages in beans or ground, Nespresso-compatible capsules of 20 or 200 pieces;
- For Blue Diamond, Allegro, Vivace and Adagio (dek) only, 150-piece paper wafers are also available;
- While for single-origin, 250g packages are available in bean or ground form.
If you opt for ground coffee, these are the different options to choose from:
- Espresso, if you use the home or professional espresso machine
- Mocha, if you precisely use the traditional mocha
- Neapolitan, if you prefer “cuccumella”
- And then there are the other grinds for those of you who use brewing methods, such as: French Press, Cold Brew, Chemex, V60, Clever, Syphon, etc.
Finally, I write you some quick and practical tips for choosing coffee:
- If you love sour and very fragrant coffees, choose a single-origin or 100% Arabica;
- Of these just described, if you prefer sweetness, opt for India or Brazil;
- If you prefer acidity instead, choose Ethiopia or Blue Diamond;
- Finally if you love somewhere in between the first two options, choose Women’s Coffee, Colombia or Guatemala;
- If you are always looking for aromatic but less acidic coffees, the Allegro is the one;
- If you want a very creamy and sweet coffee, Harmony is great;
- If you love slightly more bitter coffees than those described above, buy the Vivace;
- If you love very bitter and creamy coffees with a reduced flavor range, the Strait is the one for you;
- Finally, if you don’t want caffeine, choose Adagio, our decaffeinated coffee.
Below you will directly find our products for purchase!
Ernani panettone with coffee and dark chocolate dropsErnani panettone with coffee and chocolate chips! …€30,00
Christmas gift – Ernani basketA fantastic gift idea for Christmas made without and with …€26,00
And if you still have any doubts, write to me!
I am available both in the chat here in the lower right corner.
Cell. +39 375 6879940
Hours: Mon-Fri, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Method of purchase, payment and delivery
We arrived at the time of purchase and shipping.
First of all.
You will be able to purchase our products as a single purchase, or as a subscription.
In fact, if you already know your favorite coffees and your average monthly consumption, you can place the order just once by activating the subscription and we will take care of everything else until you want to suspend or cancel it without any obligation or limit.
We then accept a variety of payment methods:
- Mastercard and Visa
- American Express
- Advance bank transfer
You will be the one to choose the best one for you, at no extra cost ever!
Instead, the shipping methods are:
- Express courier with delivery to your home or InPost courier to your nearest pick-up point, always free of charge above € 55.00 order;
- If, on the other hand, the order is less than €55.00, express courier to the home costs €7.50, while InPost courier to the pickup point costs €4.50;
- Or choose free pickup at our Roasting Laboratory in Desio, Via Don Luigi Sturzo, 19 (MB);
- Or free pickup at our coffee shop “Torrefazione Ernani” in Milan, Corso Buenos Aires, 20.
Delivery is always possible throughout Italy and also to countries within the European Union.
Finally, shipping is within 24 working hours after the order is placed, and delivery will be within 24/48 working hours.
You will then be able to have coffee delivered to your home even after only 1 day after ordering!
(3/5 working days for countries in the European Union)
Here is what Ernani customers write about our service:
By now you have all the useful information, I’ll just write down three more things that may be of interest to you.
If you are a coffee enthusiast or if you are not yet familiar with this immense world but would like to learn more about it, my advice is to subscribe to our Newsletter.
Once a week you will receive an email with the article of the week precisely, so you can stay up-to-date and not miss any news or trivia!
We are also very active on various social media with small posts and videos that step by step tell every facet of coffee!
If you want to touch the world of coffee, like a real professional, we are waiting for you at our Ernani Academy!