Did you know that the cup is important to enjoy a great cup of coffee? Yes, because the success or otherwise of a perfect espresso depends on its shape, material, thickness, diameter and colour.
This is why the Ernani cup has been designed to offer the best result in terms of visual, taste and smell, as well as having a modern, clean and linear appearance, perfect for making coffee the real protagonist of the experience.
- The ideal material for making a professional cup is hard feldspathic porcelain fired at a temperature of around 1400°C. Ernani has in fact chosen this material, as it synthesises characteristics of resistance to wear, hygiene, optimal heat retention, registering a slower dispersion of heat than any other material, and aesthetic appearance, thanks to its long-lasting brilliance;
- The thickness serves to calibrate the temperature of the espresso; in fact, the lower part of the cup is thicker in order to better retain the heat, while the upper part is slightly thinner, to offer a pleasant sensation in contact with the lips. The initial temperature of the cup should be 40°C, to maintain the firmness of the body of the coffee, the temperature of the espresso and the colour of the crema for longer;
- The special shape is designed to enhance the taste, aroma and appearance of the espresso. In fact, the reduced circumference allows the crema to be persistent and competent over time, favouring the best perception of aromas, thanks to the reduced air dispersion of the same. The internal bottom follows the classic elliptical “egg” shape to prevent the crema from flaking when being extracted and favouring its tigerisation, and preserving its compactness and colour for longer;
- The capacity is 65 c.c., suitable to satisfy the rule of the perfect espresso, 25 c.c. of coffee brewed in 25 seconds;
- The bright and shiny white colour of the feldspathic porcelain is the most suitable for the inside of the cup, because it facilitates the evaluation of the espresso and, thanks to the strong chromatic contrast, enhances the warm and inviting colour of the espresso cream;
- The handle is pleasant to grip with two fingers, preventing direct contact of the middle finger with the body of the cup, which could cause an unpleasant sensation of heat.